John Graden–USA Self-Defense
Professional Active Shooter Training
What’s Your Plan?
Having an established and practiced active shooter plan can greatly increase your odds of survival.
Our Active Shooter Response Plan gives you the best chance in a dangerous situation.
Priority one is to escape from the Active Shooter. But, what if you have a child with you? How do you determine the best time and method to escape?
1. How to evaluate a hiding place.
2. What to when hiding from the Active Shooter.
3. The safest way to leave the hiding place.
You’ll learn 4 smart ways to ENGAGE the shooter.
The Active Shooter Response Experience
This highly engaging workshop is as exciting as it is educational. Organizations hire John Graden to drill employees on how to respond to an active shooter.
Some companies are using this as a team building event because of the critical decision making and team work involved.
Program Length: 60–90 minutes
- Understanding Escape, Evade, Engage
- How to Think Clearly Under High Stress
- Communication Rules and Realities
- Teamwork for Stack Team and Distract Team
- Everyone Speaks the Same Language of Survival
- Crucial Decision Making
How Active Shooter Situations Begin
This is when you are in the same room where the attack commences. Decision-making has to be instant. Our training prepares you to be decisive and act fast.
This is when you hear or see something that may or may not be an active shooter. Your decisions here are critical because you may not know where the shooter is and where he is going.
How Active Shooter Situations End
- Unarmed citizens end 13% of active shooter events.
- Armed citizens ended 4%.
- Shooters often choose locations where guns are prohibited.
- This Active Shooter Response Plan teaches specific strategies that reduce the danger when physically attacking the shooter
Where Do Active Shooter Situations Happen?
K - 12 Schools
Houses of Worship
What I Teach
Is It Run, Hide, Fight?
- It seems simple enough. Run, Hide, Fight. The truth is that these three words are more of a government sound bite than a usable plan of action.
- Obviously, you’ll run, but there are specific ways to run that can save your life. We’ll show you tactical ways to run and escape.
- Of course, you’ll be looking for places to hide. You’ll learn what to look for in a hiding spot and when to leave it.
- You’ll learn strategic methods to hide and evade.
- We’ll show you how and when to attack the Active Shooter for maximum safety. You’ll learn the smart way to engage.
- You’ll even learn the correct way to play dead.
Learn how to: Escape, Evade, Engage
This is NOT A POWERPOINT Seminar!
Who I Teach
Corporate Active Shooter Training
Many states require training against workplace violence so companies are using our training to help mitigate the threat and liability of an active shooter attack.
Active Shooter Training for Students
We train students from elementary school to universities on how to survive the critical window.
Active Shooter Training for Teachers
As the leader of any classroom, teachers have to know the active shooter plan in order to help themselves and their students.
Active Shooter Training for Organizations
From church groups to cruise ships, organizations take this training for safety and team building.